At Sherwood Park Global Studies Academy, tradition meets technology to prepare students for the global economy through language and cultural studies. Sherwood Park Global Studies Academy is located on Grand Rapids southeast side. The school is filled with artwork reflecting the global studies theme and highlighting the diversity of its students.
Consider Sherwood Park Global Studies Academy for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations..
- You value the stability and consistency of a kindergarten-to-grade-8 community.
- You want a Spanish language requirement or an English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- You believe your child will benefit from a proven program that integrates global studies and cultural arts in a rigorous curriculum.
AVAILABLE AT SHERWOOD PARK
Sherwood Park is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council
- English as a Second Language (ESL) services.
- Sherwood Global Studies is a Schools of Hope reading and mentoring site with over 100 students receiving help from more than 100 volunteers.
EXCEL AT SHERWOOD PARK
Sherwood Park offers an innovative curriculum with emphasis on language and global studies. Students have the opportunity to enjoy cultural and globally themed activities, field trips, and service learning projects. Examples include Hispanic Heritage month field trips, learning about holidays around the world, reading poetry from other countries, and studying the celebration of Chinese New Year.
Sherwood has shown a commitment to ensuring students experience an engaging curriculum and high achievement. Staff work with each student to identify their needs and help them take their learning to the next level. As a result, 95% of parents feel their child is challenged at school.
Sherwood is proud to have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. In fact, 98% of parents surveyed said they feel like the school’s staff cares about their child. Students enjoy a welcoming learning environment where staff work together to meet the needs of all children.
Parents are their child’s first teacher and Sherwood recognizes how important it is for parents to be an active part of their child’s education. 97% of parents said they have regular opportunities to be involved at Sherwood. Parents are welcomed as volunteers, at family nights, and in their child’s classroom.
Staff at Sherwood take a fair, firm, and consistent approach to discipline. In fact, 96% of parents said they see that the school’s rules are consistently enforced for all students. This approach is paired with a program known as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS), which recognizes students for making good choices and showing positive behavior. The result is a safe and secure learning environment.