Consider Montessori for your child if:
- You are seeking an individualized approach to education which recognizes individual learning ability, interest, style and pace.
- You value the promotion of self- esteem to encourage independence and self- sufficiency.
- You appreciate respect for one another and the environment.
- Your child will thrive in a structured environment that offers flexibility and choice in learning.
- Your child will benefit from positive, gentle and consistent direction.
- Your child will enjoy an environment rich in learning opportunities.
- With three locations, Montessori in Grand Rapids Public Schools serves more than 700 students from preschool through grade 12.
AVAILABLE AT MONTESSORI
Grand Rapids Montessori is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council
North Park community partnerships include:
- Peach Ridge Farm CSA
- North Park PTA.
- Clark Retirement Home
- Kids Food Basket
- Feeding America
- God's Kitchen
Dr. Maria Montessori, the Italian pediatrician who founded the method, believed self- motivation to be the key to learning. The Montessori teacher acts as a facilitator whose role is to stimulate interest in all facets of a child- centered learning environment. Montessori education recognizes the importance of all developmental areas, including social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
Grand Rapids Public Schools has a 40-year history of public Montessori education, one of the longest- running public programs in the US.
Elementary schools in the program consistently outperform other GRPS and neighboring districts on all standardized tests.
Grand Rapids Montessori High School has one of the best graduation rates in the region, graduating more than 90% of its students.
THE MONTESSORI CLASSROOM: The Montessori method uses hands-on lessons and experiences to help students learn by doing. Students learn in cohorts of three age levels. Typically, students will have the same teacher for multiple years. The multi-age classroom allows the students to become part of a learning community that fosters respect, understanding, and tolerance.