DICKINSON ACADEMY (PK-8)
448 Dickinson St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Phone: 616-819-2505 | Fax: 616-819-2502
Breakfast 8:10 a.m.
Start Time 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal 3:26 p.m.
Half Day Dismissal 11:40 a.m.
The Kent ISD COVID-19 School Dashboard provides parents, educators and the general public transparency on school-associated COVID-19 cases in local public and nonpublic schools throughout Kent County. Numbers are updated daily through a partnership with the Kent County Health Department.
Dickinson Academy staff and parents work together to empower students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens in a diverse society. Dickinson Academy was built in 2008 and is designed for academic excellence. Special features include hallway design that encourages group learning to acoustic engineering that makes it easier to hear teachers in the classroom. It is located in Southeast Grand Rapids.
Consider Dickinson Academy for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You value the stability and consistency of a preschool-to-grade-8 community.
- You want a Spanish language requirement.
Dickinson Academy is proud to offer:
- Seeds of Promise community support network
- Parent-Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language (ESL) services.
- Dickinson Academy's partnership with Kent School Services Network makes it a “community school” that provides eligible parents and students with access to in-house health and social services to ensure that children are physically, emotionally and socially prepared to learn.
Dickinson Academy is a cultural center where English language learners are supported by a qualified team of bilingual staff. As a cultural center, Dickinson Academy also exposes all students to diversity and promotes acceptance and understanding among cultures.
Dickinson Academy has shown a commitment to ensuring students experience an engaging curriculum and high achievement. Staff work with each student to identify their needs and help them take their learning to the next level. As a result, 90% of parents feel their child is challenged at school.
The teachers at Dickinson Academy are committed to student success. They go above and beyond to ensure that student’s needs are met, that parents are involved in their child’s education and that students have a positive experience. In a recent survey, 87% of parents said the school provides their child with additional support when needed.
PARENTS AS PARTNERS
Dickinson Academy values parents as partners in their child’s education. Parents are regularly involved as volunteers and participate in many family events throughout the year. According to a recent parent survey, 88% of parents feel welcome at their child’s school.
Staff at Dickinson Academy take a fair, firm, and consistent approach to discipline. In fact, 89% of parents said they see that the school’s rules are consistently enforced for all students. This approach is paired with a program known as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS), which recognizes students for making good choices and showing positive behavior. The result is a safe and secure learning environment.