COIT CREATIVE ARTS (PK-5 Grade)
The Coit Creative Arts Community strives to achieve academic excellence by developing students'
TALENTS, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY and SELF INQUIRY.
We will do this in a collaborative, equitable and culturally diverse learning environment.
Through this lens, Students at Coit will become
Creative and action-minded learners
who focus to increase a
GLOBAL commitment to humanity through the ARTS.
Consider Coit Creative Arts for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You believe your child will benefit from a proven program that integrates visual and performing arts in a rigorous curriculum.
- You see star power in your child!
Primary Years Program Transition
- Coit is currently in the consultancy stage for the IB PYP Stage and aims to be fully authorized by 2020.
- PYP curriculum develops students’ academic, social and emotional wellbeing, focusing on international-mindedness and strong personal values. The PYP nurtures independent learning skills, encouraging every student to take responsibility for their learning.
- The programme incorporates local and global issues into the curriculum, asking students to look at six related, transdisciplinary themes and to consider the links between them. The themes include ‘who we are’, ‘where we are in place and time’ and ‘how the world works’.
- Learn more at www.ibo.org to hear about what is involved in a Primary Years Program for elementary students.
ARTS ACROSS ALL SUBJECTS
Coit incorporates the arts into all subjects, even math, and science! Students learn through visual arts, music, dance, and performance. They also take exciting field trips to the symphony, ballet, plays, musicals, and more. No experience is required to enjoy this art-based education!
Coit is proud to have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. In fact, 97% of parents surveyed said they feel like the school’s staff cares about their child. Students enjoy a welcoming learning environment where staff work together to meet the needs of all children.
PARENTS AS PARTNERS
Coit values parents as partners in their child’s education. Parents are regularly involved as volunteers and participate in many family events throughout the year. According to a recent parent survey, 98% of parents feel welcome at Coit.
SAFE AND SECURE
A recent survey showed that 97% of students feel safe at Coit. Students participate in a program known as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). Students are recognized for making good choices and showing positive behavior. The number of students being recognized for good behavior at monthly PBIS celebrations has consistently increased, while referrals to the office for behavior issues have steadily decreased.
Coit has shown a commitment to ensuring students experience an engaging curriculum and high achievement. Staff work with each student to identify their needs and help them take their learning to the next level. As a result, 89% of parents feel their child is challenged at school.