CITY HIGH MIDDLE
Consider City High Middle for your teen if:
• You are seeking teachers who are trained in the IB program and believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
• You are looking for a program for a gifted and talented child.
• You value a foreign language requirement.
• You want your child to learn in a collaborative, community environment.
• You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
AVAILABLE AT CITY
City High Middle is proud to offer:
• Parent Teacher Community Council.
• Economicology partnership with the Wege Foundation.
• Community Service Requirement.
EXCEL AT CITY HIGH MIDDLE
City High Middle School is ranked in the top 5% of all Michigan schools on combined measures of student achievement and growth over time. It has been ranked among the top high schools in America by U.S. News & World Report for four consecutive years. City is also ranked as the top high school in the county by the Mackinac Center.
There are several classes and projects at City that you won’t find anywhere else in the area. In 10th grade, students complete a personal project of their own choosing outside of school hours. In the 11th and 12th grades, students take a course called essay strategies, which culminates in a 4,000 word extended essay. They also take “EPIC”, a course that teaches the principles of economicology, a term coined by the late Peter Wege. The City curriculum is designed to teach critical thinking and prepare students to be global citizens.
Students in 7th-10th grades follow the Middle Years Programme, while students in 11th and 12th grade use the Diploma Programme. The goal of both programs is to develop life-long learners who are naturally curious, seek knowledge and think about complex issues, and can communicate confidently and creatively. Through the IB Program, students are well prepared for post-secondary education.
City students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of competitive GRPS sports, instilling values of cooperation, dedication, and teamwork.