School Uniforms Required
Note: Most center-based special education programs are exempt, however KEC Oakleigh K-8 and the elementary Oral Deaf and Physically Impaired Programs at Ken-O-Sha will have uniforms.
Why is GRPS requiring uniforms?
The proven benefits of school uniforms include:
- Increased focus on teaching and learning
- Reduced distraction, peer pressure, and behavioral issues
- Cost savings to parents/families
- Strengthened school pride
- Improved school safety
What are the requirements?
Tops: Collared shirts, vests, sweaters.
- Navy blue
- Light blue
- Orange (additional option for southeast side schools)
Bottoms: Pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts. Denim, sweatpants, and leggings are not permitted to be worn as pants.
- Navy blue
GRPS has a number of “preferred vendors” to assist parents in purchasing school uniforms with affordable, accessible, and high quality clothes.
The vendors include:
Uniforms may be purchased at select locations in greater Grand Rapids including:
- Meijer #20 2425 Alpine Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544 (uniforms available year-round)
- Meijer #36 5500 Clyde Park Ave. SW, Wyoming, MI 49509
- Meijer #50 5531 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
- Meijer #311 1540 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508 (uniforms available year-round)
There are three ways to shop.
Online: Go to landsend.com/school and create or sign in to your account. Include your student and school information in My Account (or find your school using the "preferred school number search": 900163445). Start shopping with your personalized product checklist.
Phone: Call 1-800-469-2222 and reference your student’s preferred school number 900163445, grade level, and gender. A team of consultants is available 24/7 for assistance.
In-Store: Visit your local Lands’ End at Sears store. Their associates can help you with sizing information and you can place your preferred school order online via the store kiosk. Please note, Lands’ End at Sears stores may have a limited product assortment (no logo’d merchandise is available in the store).
School Uniforms by Screen Ideas is a family owned and operated company that can help you with all of your school uniform needs.
Uniforms can be purchased online at www.grandrapidsschooluniforms.com.
3257 Union St SE
Wyoming, MI 49548