Chief of Staff
1331 Franklin Street SE PO Box 117
Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0117
Phone: (616) 819-2175
Fax: (616) 819-2177
Dear Supply Staff,
Today we learned that a Supply building staff member tested positive for COVID-19. Below are some items you need to know regarding this situation:
- The Supply Building is cleaned daily and will continue to be sanitized and disinfected.
- No staff were identified as meeting close contact criteria, so there are no staff who need to quarantine at this time.
- Identifying and sharing specific information about those involved is prohibited by privacy/HIPAA regulations. We are following the medical guidance of the Kent County Health Department with additional guidance from our district nursing staff.
- Should you or a member of your family become ill, please contact the school office, as well as your healthcare provider. If you become ill, please contact HR so COVID-19 related benefits can be discussed.
- Staff in quarantine may not enter buildings or participate in district events and should remain home for the duration of the quarantine.
- We are continuing to engage in mitigation and sanitization protocols to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We greatly appreciate your partnership as we work together to support our students and staff during this time. Please contact me with any questions you have in the coming days.
Larry Johnson, Chief of Staff
The Grand Rapids Public Schools Purchasing Office provides services and materials for District staff and outside customers by securing quality products and services in accordance with Board Policies in an efficient and timely manner.
Vendors desiring additional information on a specific bid are requested to contact the Purchasing Office at (616) 819-2175.
Bid List Application
The District does not currently have a Bid List Application Form. Vendors interested in being placed on the District's bid list should submit a letter to the Purchasing Office. The letter should include company name, contact, address, phone and fax numbers, your employer identification number, and the types of materials and/or services you supply.
Any questions can be directed to the Purchasing Office at (616) 819-2175.