Grand Rapids Public Schools' enrollment is open for the 2022-2023 school year! With over 40 schools in one dynamic district, we take pride in preparing our students for the real world.
Come be a part of the energy, excitement and momentum at Grand Rapids Public Schools.
NEW TO GRPS?
Enroll online today by creating an account on ParentVUE!
If you need technical assistance navigating through the online enrollment or still have additional questions, please contact our hotline at 616-301-1111.
Enrollment Instructions for New GRPS Families
RETURNING GRPS FAMILIES
Enrollment Instructions for Returning GRPS Families
SCHOOL OF CHOICE - GRADES K-12
Thank you for your interest in our Schools of Choice program, which is for students who live outside our district. Grand Rapids Public Schools participates in the Kent Intermediate School District Collaborative School of Choice Plan. Complete information can be found here.
The application for the Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice plan for the 2022-2023 school year will remain open for the Grand Rapids Public Schools until August 22, 2022, or until all open seats are filled. Currently, we have seats remaining!
Applicants who have a sibling attending Grand Rapids Public Schools may be given priority, as it is in the best interest of children to keep their siblings in the same district, if space allows. A district may refuse to enroll an applicant who has been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony. We do not guarantee placement at a specific school. Transportation is NOT provided under either plan. Once a student is accepted, there is no need to apply every year. One application per student.
School of Choice Policies & Regulations
- One application per student, per year may be submitted to one school district. You may indicate a second choice and third choice on your application. (If you apply to more than one district you may be disqualified for all districts that year.)
- If more applications are received in a district than openings are available, there will be a random lottery drawing for all applications received prior to the deadline. If your application is not selected by your first-choice district, they will automatically forward your application to your second and/or third choice districts.
- According to the Michigan High School Athletic Association students accepted into the Schools of Choice program who are in grades 10 – 12 will not be eligible to participate in sports for one semester – until the second half of the school year.
- Accepted students must agree to comply with choice districts policies.
- Transportation is NOT provided for Schools of Choice students. Parents must provide their own transportation to and from school for children accepted for enrollment through the Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Plan.
- After you are accepted, you will be allowed continuous enrollment in that district until graduation, until you withdraw from that district, or until you reside outside of Kent ISD, at which time you may return to your resident district.
- Waiting lists will be created at choice districts after the lottery/random draw and parents will be notified if spaces become available.
- Siblings of students currently attending under the Schools of Choice Program will be assigned to open spots before a random draw begins. Students who reside in the same household as students enrolled in the immediately preceding school year, semester or trimester will be considered “siblings” for the purpose of Schools of Choice.
- The only limit on movement between school districts for an applicant to the Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Plan is the space available in the desired district and/or the Choice student’s suspension or expulsion record.
Click here for School of Choice application English
Click here for School of Choice application Spanish
Click here for School of Choice application Kinyarwanda
The Michigan High School Athletic Association requires students in grades 10 - 12 to wait one semester after enrolling in a new district (under Schools of Choice) before they can participate in athletics.
Notification of Placements
Parents will be notified by letter if their child has been accepted for enrollment by May 27, 2022.