(616) 819-1977 or (616) 819-2133
to learn more about Parent University
Parent University is a community collaborative to help parents become full partners in their child’s education. It will offer modules, activities, workshops, classes, conferences, mentoring and coaching to equip parents for success.
Our vision is all parents will become confident advocates of their children’s success by receiving the affirmation, support, and reinforcement needed to strengthen their effectiveness.
We believe. . .
- Parents want their children to succeed.
- Parents have the potential to contribute positively to their child’s success.
- Parents want respectful partnerships with their child’s school.
- Parents are looking for solutions.
- All Parent University classes are free and open to all parents of school-age children.
- Parent University classes will be offered throughout the city at various school and community locations.
- A complete listing of courses can be found at parents.grps.org.
- All Parent University offerings will fall under one of the following categories:
- Effective Parenting
- Navigating the Educational System
- Personal Growth and Development
- Health and Wellness
- Parent University offerings will be available in English and in Spanish as noted online at parents.grps.org.
- The instructors will be GRPS employees, B2B personnel, or professionals in their field.
- Parents can register online by going to the parents.grps.org.
Volunteers will be trained as Parent University Ambassadors to assist parents in registering for classes. If you are interested in being an ambassador, please contact Parent Engagement Office (616) 819-1977 or (616) 819-2133. Click here to visit the Parent University online portal....