Shawmut Hills Parent Teacher Association
Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00.
Shawmut Hills Parent Teach Association’s Mission
To support student learning at home and in the school, and to build relationships between and among families, school staff, and community.
- Our PTA is made up of bilingual officers, retired teachers, school staff members, and many wonderful parents and individuals from our community.
- Our PTA leads an annual Walk-a-Thon to raise funds for the local food bank.
- Our PTA organizes fundraisers for our students to enjoy such things as Time for Kids, additional field trips, classroom materials, and awesome family events.
- Our PTA takes great care of its large grounds through voluntary clean up days, summer gardening opportunities, and leading classroom activities.
- Our community is blessed by the support of great organizations such as the United Way, Calvin College, Grand Valley University, local churches, the YMCA, the Grand Rapids Art Museum, Meijer Good Schools, and Junior Achievement.