To ensure that ALL GRPS students are educated, productive and self-directed members of society by ensuring access to an equitable education experience that celebrates and capitalizes on the diversity of our students, staff and community.
We ENVISION GRPS as:
- A model school district where equity and inclusion are infused in every aspect of our district landscape for all students and staff;
- An organization where biases are recognized and challenged to create a supportive and inclusive environment so barriers to success are removed; and
- A community in which our diversity is understood, valued, and respected by all.
History of the Office of Equity and Inclusion
The Office of Equity and Inclusion was formally established in December 2015. Since its inception, time has been spent researching, gathering information and studying current practices and strategies in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion, with an intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in educational settings. We researched (and continue to research) to answer questions such as:
- How are these terms--diversity, equity and inclusion--defined? How do they unfold in the educational setting?
- What effects do these themes have on students, families, staff, our community and society as a whole?
- Whom are we serving? What is our current condition? What needs to change?
- How are others bringing about change? What strategies are being used successfully in school, community and business settings?