Afterschool E2020 Credit Recovery
- Advisor: Liz Giem
- Location: Room 226
- When: Monday to Friday from 2:45pm to 4:30pm
- E2020 Credit Recovery is a program designed to allow students to fulfill graduation requirements.
A.B.O.U.T. Club (Accepting Being Out Using Teamwork)
- Advisor: Megan Persons
- Location: Room 220
- When: Thursdays afterschool
- Innovation Central’s gay straight alliance club
- The goal of this organization is to help create and maintain an environment of acceptance for all students of all orientations and background.
- Advisor: Louise Wilson
- Location: Small gym
- When: Most evenings from 5pm to 9pm
- Robotics has team members from several high schools in Grand Rapids. They work together to produce a robot for competitions in March. Activities include building a website, making a business plan, creating videos, programming a robot, and cheerleading.
Freshman Success Academy/Freshmen Focus
- Advisor: Mr. Brown and Mrs. Hagler
- Location: Media Center
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:45pm to 4:30pm
- Freshmen work on getting back on track. It is mandatory for freshmen who are currently failing a class to attend.
G.E.T. Club (Girls Empowering Together)
- Advisor: Wendy Dean
- Location: Room 10
- When: Mondays from 2:405pm to 4:15pm
- The G.E.T. Club focuses on leadership, self-esteem, and women history. Powerful women have paved the way for young women and girls. Each week we learn about historical and contemporary women and the impact they had on society.
- Advisor: Dan David
- Location: Room 221
- When: Wednesdays afterschool
- Students learn to play the guitar and the ukulele in a positive, fun environment.
Model United Nations
- Advisors: Heather Bolliger and Peter Cassis
- Location: Room 16
- When: Wednesdays after school
- Students roleplay delegates to the United Nations and simulate UN communities.
Weight Lifting Club
- Advisors: Kyle Jelens and Casey Withers
- Location: Weight lifting room
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2:45pm to 3:45pm
- Students work on improving their health and setting fitness goals.
YMCA Exercise Class
- Advisor: Nurse Karen Puhek
- Location: Cafeteria
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 4pm
- The class focuses on cardio training and muscle strengthening.
Summited by Cindy Huynh (ABLE '15)