Child Find activities are provided by GRPS to assure that the needs of students suspected of having a disability will be met. It is the district responsibility to identify persons between the ages of birth and 26 who are suspected of having a disability that may affect their educational performance.
Please call the Child Find Hotline at 616-819-3514 with any questions.
If you suspect your child may have a disability, the district team can help by:
- Identifying students Birth to 3 years of age suspected of having a disability
- Identifying students 3 to 26 years of age suspected of having a disability
- Guiding you to the appropriate educational services within the district
- Providing additional information to assist with children who have educational needs
Programs & Services
Our mission is to meet the unique needs of students with individualized education programs (IEPs) by providing instruction and training to enable them to meet the district’s rigorous Academic Plan.
GRPS also provides center-based special education programs and services to students from the 20 school districts of the Kent Intermediate School District (KISD) as determined through the IEP team process.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES LOCAL DISTRICT
Students who reside within GRPS and are determined eligible to receive special education or related services through an IEP team process, and are not more than 25 years of age, and have not graduated from high school are provided services in a continuum of settings including home, community, preschool, K5 or K8 buildings, middle schools, or high school buildings located throughout the district. Programs include:
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder. (ASD)
- Emotional Impairment. (EI)
- Moderate Cognitive Impairment. (MoCI)
- Resource Program (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3)
Students determined to be in need of special education or related services through an IEP team process will have access to related services including:
- Homebound/ Hospitalized.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Physical Therapy.
- School Social Work.
- Speech-Language Therapy.
- Teacher Consultant.