Grand Rapids Board of Education Selects Candidates to Interview for Superintendent
The Grand Rapids Board of Education met during a public work session on January 27 to discuss, deliberate, and vote on which candidates will be invited for interviews for the position of Superintendent.
First-round interviews will take place on Saturday, February 8, 2020, beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Grand Rapids Public Schools Rev. Lyman S. Parks, Jr. Administration Building. The Board will meet again on February 10 at a 4:30 p.m. work session to determine which candidates will be invited for a second-round interview. Finalists will visit the district on Monday, February 17 with second-round interviews taking place beginning at 6:00 p.m. If the board does not decide the evening of February 17, an alternate meeting date will be determined and announced to the public.
The following candidates will be invited to interview:
- Dr. Erick D. Pruitt, Deputy Chief of High Schools for Chicago Public Schools in Chicago, IL, since 2019. Dr. Pruitt has a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and Illinois Teacher Certificate from Purdue University; a Master of Education in Education Administration and Supervision, and Illinois Administrator Certificate from Loyola University Chicago; and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Illinois Superintendent Endorsement from National-Louis University.
- Dr. Leadriane Roby, Assistant Superintendent of Richfield Public Schools in Richfield, MN since 2014. Dr. Roby received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from the University of Minnesota, a Master of Arts in Education Administration from Saint Mary’s of Minnesota, a K-12 Educational Licensure from Saint Mary’s of Minnesota, and a Ph.D. in K-12 Educational Leadership, Research, and Technology from Western Michigan University.
- Dr. Darrin Slade, Assistant Superintendent of School Leadership for Kansas City Public Schools in Kansas City, MO since 2018. Dr. Slade received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Towson University, a master’s in teaching from Johns Hopkins University, an Advanced Professional Certificate in Admin Leadership from Johns Hopkins University, an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from University of Maryland College Park.
- Dr. Yvonne Stokes, Assistant Superintendent for School Town of Munster in Munster, IN, since 2017. Dr. Stokes has a Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from Purdue University, a Master of Science in Special Education from the University of Saint Francis, a Director of Exceptional Needs Licensure from Purdue University Calumet, and a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership from Purdue University.
- Dr. Harold Brian Yearwood, Assistant Superintendent for Academics & Accountability for Manor Independent School District in Manor, TX since 2015. Dr. Yearwood received a Bachelor of Science in Geology, a Master of Education in Administration, and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Texas Tech University.