Dear GRPS Parent/Guardian(s):
This is an important reminder about our COVID-19 health safety expectations for all students.
- Masks are required at all times in GRPS district buildings for all students, staff, and visitors regardless of vaccination status. Students are expected to bring and wear their own mask.
- You are required to keep your student home and notify the school if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms regardless of vaccination status. Symptoms include:
- Fever 100.4F or higher OR feels warm to touch
- New cough or change in cough
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea
- Severe headache
- Extreme tiredness
- Congestion or runny nose
- You are also required to keep your student home if they are unvaccinated AND:
- Have had close contact or live with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Live with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 and is awaiting test results
- If your student is being tested for COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been placed in quarantine because of an exposure, you are required to keep your student home and contact your school nurse. Your school nurse will conduct contact tracing and provide you with isolation/quarantine guidelines.
Visit grps.org/coronavirus for additional information.
We want everyone to remain safe and healthy, so we must be vigilant in our ways. Thank you.
Leadriane Roby, Ph.D.
Superintendent of Schools