Parent University is a community collaborative to help caregivers become full partners in their child’s education. It offers modules, activities, workshops, classes, conferences, mentoring and coaching to equip caregivers for success.
Parent University’s vision is that all caregivers will become confident advocates of their children’s success by receiving the affirmation, support, and reinforcement needed to strengthen their effectiveness.
Parent University believes:
- All families have dreams for their children and want the best for them.
- All families have the capacity to support their children’s learning.
- Families and school staff should be equal partners.
- Responsibility for building and sustaining partnerships between school, home, and community rests primarily with school staff, especially school leaders.
Parent University classes are…
- Free and are available to GRPS stakeholders and community members.
- Offered remotely and face-to-face throughout Grand Rapids.
- Available in English and in Spanish.
Caregivers can register for online Parent University courses. Visit Parent University to complete our Power Parent registration form. You will receive a confirmation email with activation link that will take you to your profile page.