Consider Sibley for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You value the stability of a neighborhood school.
- You value strong relationships with faculty and other parents.
AVAILABLE AT SIBLEY
Sibley Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language (ESL)services.
- Mentoring through United Way Schools of Hope tutoring program.
Excel at SIBLEY
Academic Excellence: By focusing on increased attendance, reading and mathematics, Sibley has risen to the top 5 percent of GRPS schools in MAP scoring.
School Uniforms: Students at Sibley follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
All-Day Kindergarten: Sibley is proud to offer all-day kindergarten, a service and benefit to students and their families.
Language Center for English Language Learners: Sibley offers a specialized center for English as Second Language learners.
After School: Sibley offers the LOOP After School program with rigorous academic and enrichment programs for all students. The program focuses on:
- Strengthening concepts and ideas in the classroom
- Connecting with District initiatives in Math and Literacy
- Offering fun Fall and Summer activities that include field trips, music, arts, service learning, life skills and sewing.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.