Consider Sherwood Park Global Studies Academy for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations..
- You value the stability and consistency of a kindergarten-to-grade-8 community.
- You want a Spanish language requirement or an English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- You believe your child will benefit from a proven program that integrates global studies and cultural arts in a rigorous curriculum.
AVAILABLE AT SHERWOOD PARK
Sherwood Park is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council
- English as a Second Language (ESL) services.
- Sherwood Global Studies is a Schools of Hope reading and mentoring site with over 100 students receiving help from more than 100 volunteers.
EXCEL AT SHERWOOD PARK
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Sherwood Park is a Meijer Good Schools award winner, recognized for consistently exceeding benchmarks for academic performance. Students continue to show positive academic growth with the support of involved parents and caring and dedicated teachers.
SCHOOL UNIFORMS: Students at Sherwood Park follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
GLOBAL STUDIES FOCUS: Sherwood Park offers an innovative curriculum with emphasis on language and global studies. In addition to the state’s social studies benchmarks, the themebased studies include: foreign language lab; cultural arts; global citizenship; cultural enrichment; English language lab; and more. The themes are woven into the core subject areas.
CULTURAL CENTER FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS: Sherwood Park offers a specialized cultural center for English Language learners.
AFTER SCHOOL: Sherwood offers an after-school tutoring program.
RULES, SAFETY, DISCIPLINE: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.