Consider Riverside for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You believe students should take ownership of their education to prepare for the best possible future.
- You value strong relationships with faculty and other parents.
Riverside Middle Beliefs Statement:
- We believe ALL students can learn.
- We believe in a strong partnership between students, parents, community, and Riverside Middle School.
- We believe in creating an environment of high expectations, caring, respect, open communication, diversity and inclusiveness, trust, and collaboration.
- We believe that ALL students should take ownership of their education and develop a positive outlook for their future.
AVAILABLE AT RIVERSIDE
Riverside is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language (ESL)services.
- Active parent and community involvement with parents participating in school improvement, classroom activities and special events.
Excel at Riverside
Academic Excellence: Riverside has shown significant academic gains and student growth through a rigorous curriculum that provides students with opportunities for
exploration and enrichment. Students are supported by a caring, dedicated staff. A diverse student population creates a rich, multi-cultural learning environment.
A Secure Environment: All GRPS middle and high schools have security personnel on-site, providing a safe environment where your child can stay focused on
Middle School Sports: Thanks to the generous support of local foundations, Riverside Middle offers comprehensive athletics including football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, cross country, wrestling, track and field, cheerleading, and swimming.
After School Opportunities: Riverside offers the LOOP After School program with rigorous academic and enrichment programs for all students.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.