Consider Congress for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You value the stability and consistency of a preschool through grade 5 community.
- You have a student who needs to learn English as a second language.
- You value strong and varied extracurricular options to enrich your child.
AVAILABLE AT CONGRESS
Congress Elementaryis proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- Congress students are connected with reading mentors from Schools of Hope, Kids Hope USA, and Turning Pages. 85 tutors provide support to 90 students.
- East Hills Council of Neighbors support.
Excel at Congress
Academic Excellence: According to the most recent test scores, most Congress students have met or exceeded state standards and the school has met federal AYP educational standards.
School Uniforms: Students at Congress follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
All-Day Kindergarten and Pre-School Congress is proud to offer all-day kindergarten and all-day preschool – a benefit and service for younger students and their parents.
ESL SERVICES: Congress offers a specialized language center for English Language learners.
After School: Congress offers the LOOP After School program with rigorous academic and enrichment programs for all students.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.