CÉSAR E. CHÁVEZ ELEMENTARY
Consider Chávez for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- Your family speaks Spanish.
- You want your child to learn in a bilingual environment.
- You value strong relationships with faculty and other parents.
AVAILABLE AT CHÁVEZ
César E. Chávez Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language services.
- The Chávez partnership with Kent School Services Network makes it a “community school” that provides eligible parents and students with access to in- house health and social services to ensure that children are physically, emotionally and socially prepared to learn.
- I Believe I Become parent network, supported by LINC Community Revitalization, provides opportunities for motivated parents and community members to meet and support one another.
Excel at CHÁVEZ
Academic Excellence: Thanks to dedicated teachers and a rigorous curriculum, César E. Chávez has consistently met federal AYP standards and earned a “B” grade on the latest Michigan Yes report.
All-day Kindergarten: César E. Chávez is proud to offer all-daykindergarten — a benefit and service for students and parents.
School Uniforms: Students at Chávez follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
ESL Services: We offer native language instruction through a bilingual transitional program for K-2nd grade students.
Elementary Athletics: Students can participate in several sports, including basketball, bowling, soccer, track, and volleyball.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.