Consider C.A. Frost for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations..
- You value the stability and consistency of a prekindergarten to 12th grade community.
- You believe your child will benefit from a proven program that integrates outdoor experiences in a hands- on learning environment.
AVAILABLE AT C.A. FROST
C.A. Frost Environmental Science Academy is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council
- Community partners include: Blandford Nature Center, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids Symphony “Artists in Residence, West Michigan Environmental Action Council, Padnos Industrial Recyclers, Bistro Bella Vita Restaurant, and Fishbeck Thompson Carr & Huber.
Excel at C.A. Frost
Academic Excellence: With a focus on environmental science, C.A. Frost provides an exciting context for learning and developing skills that cross disciplines: reading, math, science and technology, writing, social studies and the arts. All learners are educated in the core content areas through the theme of the
Environmental Stewardship : Many grade levels do meaningful, hands-on service learning and community service projects to enhance the environmental quality of Michigan. Projects include bat and bird houses, stream studies, and trail enhancement.
School Uniforms: Students at C.A. Frost follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
Adventure Learning: Students have the opportunity to connect the skills they learn in the classroom with outdoor experiences. They participate in plant studies, rock and mineral studies, gardening, camping, and wildlife observation. These activities stimulate children’s natural curiosity and motivation
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social
skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.