Consider Brookside Elementary for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You need a school offering English as Second Language (ESL) services.
- You need a school with an all-day kindergarten.
- You believe community mentors can uniquely help young learners.
AVAILABLE AT BROOKSIDE
Brookside Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council
- Community-based mentoring.
- English as Second Language services.
- Volunteer opportunities through Steelcase, Kroc Community Center and Schools of Hope.
- Located next to the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
Excel at BROOKSIDE
Academic Excellence: At Brookside, your child can achieve. According to the latest test scores, the school has met federal AYP educational standards.
All-Day Kindergart en: Brookside is proud to offer all-day kindergarten—a benefit and service for students and parents.
School Uniforms: Students at Brookside follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
After School Opportunities: Brookside offers the LOOP After School program with rigorous academic and enrichment programs for all students.
ESL Support : Brookside offers a specialized language center for English Language learners.
Family Nights: Family Literacy and Math Nights, winter and spring music concerts, and other evening family nights promote parent involvement and community building.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.