Alger Middle School is a state-of-the-art educational facility. Our school’s focus is on collaborative learning for students and is outfitted with the latest technology in each classroom and common area, including two computer labs and wireless laptop computers for use throughout the building. The design of the facility is structured so that each floor supports a different grade level emphasizing teaming and group learning.
Students are offered many opportunities for success and are encouraged to take advantage of the extracurricular and athletic opportunities offered including LOOP After School programs and comprehensive athletics.
Consider Alger School for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You want your child to learn in a group atmosphere emphasizing teamwork.
- You believe strong extracurricular options are part of a well- rounded education.
- You want your child to become familiar with the latest learning technology.
AVAILABLE AT ALGER
Alger Middle is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- Alger Middle’s partnership with Kent School Services Network makes it a “community school” that provides eligible parents and students with access to in- house health and social services to ensure that children are physically, emotionally and socially prepared to learn.
- I Believe I Become parent network, supported by LINC Community Revitalization, provides opportunities for motivated parents and community members to meet and support one another.
Excel at Alger
Academic Excellence: Alger Middle School students are showing steady academic growth. The staff are dedicated to using research-based strategies that improve student learning. In addition, Alger has a diverse population that creates a rich, multi-cultural learning environment
School Uniforms: Students at Alger follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
After School Opportunities: Alger offers the LOOP After School program with rigorous academic and enrichment programs for all students.
Middle School Sports: Thanks to the generous support of local foundations, Alger Middle offers comprehensive athletics including football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, cross country, wrestling, track and field, cheerleading, and swimming.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.